How to Increase Unique Bracelets Earrings Necklaces Lockets Retail Sales with Handmade Jewelry Displays
Feb 23, 2009 bracelets, earrings, fashion jewelry, handcrafted jewelry, handmade bracelets, handmade earrings, Handmade Jewelry, necklaces, rings, small business, Uncategorized, unique jewelry, wholesale fashion jewelry, wholesale jewelry
handmade jewelry displays have increased retail sales. We have seen that retailers who take advantage of our handmade jewelry display packages dramatically increase their sales and their reorder rate also increases.
One of the best ways to increases your unique jewelry, handmade bracelets and handcrafted earrings sales is to offer your customers a wider selections of choices. It always help to offer them jewelry displays. Most handmade jewelry displays are designed to hold handmade earrings, unique bracelets, handcrafted necklaces, rings, lockets, etc. This increases the number of multiple piece sales.
An important factor for sale increases in the 300-400% range has to be offering your customers a wider variety of choices. Most handmade jewelry displays are designed to hold handmade earrings, handmade bracelets, handcrafted necklaces, rings, lockets, etc. This increases the number of multiple piece sales.
Most handmade jewelry wholesalers offer retail display packages that are free of charge or the cost of the display is offset with free merchandise. Generally the buyer is responsible for the shipping charges of the display. Jewelry wholesalers will work with the retail store buyers to find the most suitable display for their stores taking into consideration space restrictions of the store itself. Large free-standing displays work well for bigger stores increasing the variety of designs, styles and products that you can make available to your customers. Smaller stores with limited space tend to opt for the counter-top displays.
Other points to consider when choosing a handmade jewelry display is your stores clientele as well as your stores traffic patterns:
A) If you are located in a tourist area where you have large numbers of people arriving at the same time, like bus tours, you need to have a good variety as well as quantity on the display. The larger free standing displays will make sure you don’t run out of the best selling designs and more people can view the product at the same time.
B) If your clientele is composed largely of repeat local customers offering a larger selection will increase your sales but the counter-top display is probably your best option. Always have a catalog close by in case they would to special order their favorite design if out of stock. You may want to reorder often so the products are always new and fresh to returning customers.
C) Keep in mind your stores’ security record, these are tough times and some stores are more vulnerable than others. In these cases, when ever possible place handmade jewelry displays in close proximity to the cashier where customers are in plain view. Having sales staff in those areas to help customers will also provide additional security.
D) Especially with handmade jewelry your customers always appreciate extra information so be knowledgeable on each product line you carry. Some wholesale jewelry suppliers will go that extra mile and supply literature regarding their products, cards or flyers, explaining how they make their unique handcrafted jewelry. This gives each purchase a personal touch and a connection with the artisans who have made the jewelry.
Handcrafted Jewelry and handmade earrings displays are well worth the investment and your store will benefit from greatly increased sales. Your customers will appreciate the wider selection of designs and styles to fit everyones tastes and budget. In these days of financial crisis it is important to offer your customers unique products of lasting quality and value.
Well, it’s that time of year again, the wholesale jewelry and gift shows for 2009 are underway! Is it just me or did 2008 go by exceptionally fast? It seems as though we just started preparing for the new season and now it’s here. Our wholesale show preparations are finished, new designs and lines of our unique handcrafted jewelry are now available for review. For Buyers the preparations are just beginning. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your buying season:
1. Review your sales records for last year. This will give you a good idea of what sells and what hasn’t sold well in your area. Sometimes this review will surprise you.
2. Eliminate slow sellers, discount them and sell through remaining stock to make room for new products.
3. Go through the buyers guides for the wholesale jewelry and gift shows that you will be attending. Mark your suppliers booths on the show map to ensure you place your orders with your existing suppliers. Some shows have expanded recently, the CGTA show in Toronto for example, alot of your suppliers have moved into larger booths because of the expansion of the Toronto Congress Center, make sure you know where they are so you don’t miss out on seeing their new products for 2009.
4. Make a budget and stick to it! Make allowances for new products from existing suppliers and well as new suppliers’ minimum order requirements. Leave yourself room for some last minute additions.
5. Research new products online. Go through the buyers’ guide and visit the websites of suppliers you are interested in. You can find out about their products and services, minimum orders, shipping costs, etc. without walking that extra mile to see their booth.
6. Make a list of questions for suppliers. During the hustle and bustle of shows important questions sometimes get overlooked.
7. Take advantage of “Show Specials”. Many suppliers will offer free shipping or free point of purchase displays. Displays, especially for handmade jewelry, will greatly increase your sales. Most of our customers who have taken advantage of our jewelry display packages have seen significant increases in sales of our handcrafted jewelry, some 200-300% increases.
8. Make sure to offer your customers a variety of unique gift ideas. Focus on your best selling price points, but also offer some high-end as well as low-end alternatives.
9. Keep in mind your customers! If you are a local retailer you will want to freshen up your existing lines for your existing customer base. If you are in a resort or tourist centre you can stick will proven sellers as your customers are always changing.
10. Wear comfortable shoes!
Making the right preparations will ensure your buying success. Research is key, these days everyone is online and trying to provide you all the information you need to make the correct buying decisions for your stores. We hope these tips will help you with your Wholesale Jewelry and Gift Show preparations.