Mar 4, 2010 handcrafted artisan jewelry, handcrafted jewelry, handmade bracelets, handmade earrings, Handmade Jewelry, horse jewelry, Uncategorized, unique gift ideas, unique jewelry, wholesale jewelry
One of the most troublesome problems is how to care for handmade jewelry. Choosing the wrong method of cleaning handmade jewelry or using harsh chemicals can damage and even ruin your most treasured piece of unique handcrafted jewelry. Here are some suggestions to keep your handmade earrings and handmade bracelets looking like new.
1. Touch the surface of metal jewelry as little as possible. Silver and copper jewelry will quickly discolor from the oils, sweat and other impurities on your hands,
2. Do not wear handmade jewelry to wash the dishes, while washing your hands or showering. The detergents that we use everyday will harm your favorite handmade bracelets and handcrafted rings.
3. Avoid using hand sanitizers while wearing handmade rings. Even the best protective finishes cannot withstand repeated use of hand sanitizers.
4. Whenever possible buy handcrafted jewelry that has protective coatings. It is easier to prevent tarnishing than to remove tarnish.
5. Store your silver and copper handmade jewelry in a tarnish-free cloth or in an airtight plastic bag. Exposure to air and humidity will increase the chances of tarnishing.
6. Avoid the build up of hairspray on handmade earrings and handcrafted barrettes or hair clips. Put your earrings and hair clips on last.
7. Do not wear handmade jewelry when participating in sports, sunbathing or swimming. Water and excessive sun can discolor your handmade jewelry.
8. Take care not to scratch, bend or damage your jewelry. Choose your jewelry wisely for the occasion. If you are gardening or cleaning where you will be in contact with water or chemicals try to pick jewelry that will not be damaged.
Keep in mind that handmade jewelry is fragile and not usually meant to endure the beating that it sometimes receives. Taking special steps to prevent damage to your handcrafted jewelry pieces will ensure that you always look great wearing your favorite handmade earrings, bracelets and necklaces.
Tags: animal jewelry, copper jewelry, fashion jewelry, hand crafted jewelry, horse lovers jewelry, jewelry for horse lovers, unique bracelets, unique earrings, unique gifts, wholesale jewelry suppliers