Mar 4, 2010 handcrafted artisan jewelry, handcrafted jewelry, handmade bracelets, handmade earrings, Handmade Jewelry, horse jewelry, Uncategorized, unique gift ideas, unique jewelry, wholesale jewelry
One of the most troublesome problems is how to care for handmade jewelry. Choosing the wrong method of cleaning handmade jewelry or using harsh chemicals can damage and even ruin your most treasured piece of unique handcrafted jewelry. Here are some suggestions to keep your handmade earrings and handmade bracelets looking like new.
1. Touch the surface of metal jewelry as little as possible. Silver and copper jewelry will quickly discolor from the oils, sweat and other impurities on your hands,
2. Do not wear handmade jewelry to wash the dishes, while washing your hands or showering. The detergents that we use everyday will harm your favorite handmade bracelets and handcrafted rings.
3. Avoid using hand sanitizers while wearing handmade rings. Even the best protective finishes cannot withstand repeated use of hand sanitizers.
4. Whenever possible buy handcrafted jewelry that has protective coatings. It is easier to prevent tarnishing than to remove tarnish.
5. Store your silver and copper handmade jewelry in a tarnish-free cloth or in an airtight plastic bag. Exposure to air and humidity will increase the chances of tarnishing.
6. Avoid the build up of hairspray on handmade earrings and handcrafted barrettes or hair clips. Put your earrings and hair clips on last.
7. Do not wear handmade jewelry when participating in sports, sunbathing or swimming. Water and excessive sun can discolor your handmade jewelry.
8. Take care not to scratch, bend or damage your jewelry. Choose your jewelry wisely for the occasion. If you are gardening or cleaning where you will be in contact with water or chemicals try to pick jewelry that will not be damaged.
Keep in mind that handmade jewelry is fragile and not usually meant to endure the beating that it sometimes receives. Taking special steps to prevent damage to your handcrafted jewelry pieces will ensure that you always look great wearing your favorite handmade earrings, bracelets and necklaces.
Tags: animal jewelry, copper jewelry, fashion jewelry, hand crafted jewelry, horse lovers jewelry, jewelry for horse lovers, unique bracelets, unique earrings, unique gifts, wholesale jewelry suppliers
Native American jewelry, Native American Indian jewelry animal designs in Native American Indian cultures symbolizes different meanings. Grizzly bears are symbol of strength, wilderness and protector of the animal kingdom.The wolf is the voice of wilderness to access the subconscious that has the secrets of knowledge and wisdom.The Eagle represents spiritual protection, carries prayers, and brings strength, courage, wisdom, illumination of spirit, healing, creation, and a knowledge of magic.
Native American Indian jewelry is offered in a vast selection of designs including Kokopelli, Native turtle, end of the trail, four elements, star burst, Native star, Native bear and more. Each Native jewelry design has special meaning that has been passed from generation to generation through ancient stories.
Native American jewelry earrings designs are first hand drawn and transferred to copper sheets. Designs are individually silver plated and diamond cut by hand to bring out the luster in the copper to give that special sparkle like diamonds. Most of our Southwest Native American Indian jewelry are cut out meticulously by hand using jewelers shears. Southwest Native Indian jewelry is available in a great selection with many designs and styles of Native American earrings, Native American jewelry bracelets, Native Indian necklaces, pins, brooches, lockets, rings and hair clips are all available with Southwestern and Northwest Native jewelry themes.
Native American jewelry is recognized all over the world for its unique jewelry designs. Traditionally, Native American Indian jewelry involves handcrafted or handmade jewelry with hand stamped designs, beads, flowers, and leaves around the gem. Such jewelry is sometimes designed with symbols and geometric patterns, and is a beautiful jewelry item for any women. Each piece of Wholesale Native American jewelry is handcrafted in traditional Native Indian designs and motifs. There are several different varieties of handmade Native American jewelry available. The most impressive traditions of jewelry making in Native American jewelry belongs to Navajo, Hopi, Zuni, and Pueblo artisans who hand crafted silver stones into distinctive designs.
Copper Reflections has a wide assortment of Native American jewelry available on handmade Native American bracelets, earrings, necklaces, lockets, rings, hair clips, brooches and many other Native Indian handmade jewelry pieces. You will be pleased with our reasonable wholesale jewelry prices, our service and high quality of our unique handmade jewelry.
Native American jewelry has a very rich history. Native American people have been making and wearing jewelry since time began. Finding all sorts of ways to decorate their bodies, faces, clothing, etc… Sometimes to show status within their social setting, and sometimes just to attract a mate. What some people find attractive, other definitely do not. Different Native tribes used different unique jewelry designs according where they lived. Different animal, wildlife and nature symbols gained different values of importance in their cultures. The differences in the symbols, patterns and designs come from their own interpretations of the colors, animals, nature and wildlife. The different surroundings and environments they lived in really dictated what was available to them to work with in creating their Native American jewelry designs.
Tags: anniversary gifts, birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, handmade gifts, Native American Indian jewelry, Native American jewelry, Southwest Native American jewelry, Southwestern jewelry, unique gifts